We have Moved

Come and visit the new site, Bumbles & Light.

Blizzard Bloghop 2010





Showing off my new hair. Found a grey hair a while ago so went crazy and dyed it.

Hi! Welcome to the 2010 Blizzard Bloghop!

I'm Satakieli, a 24 year old Brit. I was born in Kent, lived in Cambridgeshire for most of my life and moved to Nottingham at age 19. At age 20 I met the love of my life, who happened to be a U.S. Soldier deployed to Kosovo at the time.

So fast forward a few years and now I'm an Army Wife, currently stationed in Heidelberg, Germany after a few years in Texas. Sometimes I feel like I don't fit in with a lot of Army Wives, but that's ok because I'm busy carving out my own little niche.

More on mine and my husbands story here and here.

We have a 2 year old boy, who is the most amazing creature to grace the planet... even if he does drive me crazy on occasion. He's also quite the ladykillerwith those big ol' eyes and sweet smile.

This is him wearing his personally chosen attire for the day. There's about 5 layers there.

He was born in Texas, premature at 32 weeks weighing 4lbs 6oz, and spent one month in hospital because he couldn't work out how to hold his own body temperature or the complicated processes of eating and breathing. I basically lived at the hospital for the first month. Bringing him home was the scariest, we were so afraid he would just stop breathing like he had done in the hospital.

 
Mikey at one day old. He's just a little bigger than that package of baby wipes in the bottom right corner. He has wrinkly old man knees.

But now he's over 2 years old, with those chubby legs you'd never know he was born so tiny, and with how loud he can be you'd never know that he once had trouble breathing.

I like to read lots and lots of books, travel (even if it's to nowhere particularly "exciting" or far away), drink tea and write sometimes.

I like to take photos



 I love to cook



and I like to make things with my hands

 


Come and Join us!

Post a Comment

Please do not use the blogger comment form to leave a comment as no one will be able to see it! Please use the intense debate form above.


I am a 24 year old British stay at home mother to a two year old boy. Married to a U.S. soldier and currently living in Germany.

I have seen the Vatican from the very top of St Peter's Basilica, the mud in the World War I trenches outside Ypres. I have walked through Montmartre side streets bustling with people in the evening, gotten lost in the streets of Greenwich Village NYC, run through cornfields on the Welsh border and sat outside with a cup of tea watching fireflies in the fields of the outer Chicago suburbs.

I have held the hands of others through addiction, fear, suicide, despair and come out the other side. I have left everything behind to begin anew.
I have fought mental illness and walked through snow in the mountains of the lake district, England. I have explored the morgue in the bowels of an abandoned hospital on a summer evening, climbed to the top of scaffolding on the outside of a five floor warehouse to look at the city lights of Nottingham at night and I have watched the sun setting on the Texas horizon.

I have held my son's tiny hand through the plastic window on an isolette in the NICU ward. Walked, speaking only in whispers, through the catacombs beneath the ground on the outskirts of Rome and seen the fireworks over Heidelberg castle.

Photobucket