We have Moved

Come and visit the new site, Bumbles & Light.

February 28

My friend and I ventured out to a flea market again yesterday, the weather was lovely and we managed to pick up quite a few goodies including a balance bike for Mikey that looks brand new but only cost 8 euros. He hasn't been able to go on it yet because we need to find a wrench to adjust the seat, but he loves it very much and has been wheeling it all around the house.

Here are some of the other goodies that we purchased, all were very cheap. We also got a couple of planters and a decorative pottery wall hanging thing for 50c.

 
Cute phone, and it works! But Mikey seems to have commandeered it to play with instead.



A gorgeous little alarm clock!


We spent the afternoon looking at cars, our 17 year old BMW (which was a free pass it on...) is finally starting to fail on us. We will still pass it on to the next person for free, perhaps they can fix it up if they're interested in cars or use it for parts as some of the parts inside are new. We test drove a Mini Clubman, we think this is the car we want. It is lovely, has great handling and plenty of room for getting Mikey in and out thanks to the weird half door it has. It does look a little funky though, it's one of those longer Mini's. I'm sure I can live with that.

My husband has been out all day playing guitar with his friends, this has given Mikey and I a lovely Sunday to relax and watch a film, we've been watching The Sound of Music. I am almost finished knitting my camera strap cover, it's very soft and I think it will be just perfect. I've also been cutting up some of Mikey old pajamas and sewing them into things, I will show you when they are done! We're hopefully going out with friends to Schwetzingen to look for a restaurant to eat at tonight.

I hope everyone had a lovely weekend.

Post a Comment

Please do not use the blogger comment form to leave a comment as no one will be able to see it! Please use the intense debate form above.


I am a 24 year old British stay at home mother to a two year old boy. Married to a U.S. soldier and currently living in Germany.

I have seen the Vatican from the very top of St Peter's Basilica, the mud in the World War I trenches outside Ypres. I have walked through Montmartre side streets bustling with people in the evening, gotten lost in the streets of Greenwich Village NYC, run through cornfields on the Welsh border and sat outside with a cup of tea watching fireflies in the fields of the outer Chicago suburbs.

I have held the hands of others through addiction, fear, suicide, despair and come out the other side. I have left everything behind to begin anew.
I have fought mental illness and walked through snow in the mountains of the lake district, England. I have explored the morgue in the bowels of an abandoned hospital on a summer evening, climbed to the top of scaffolding on the outside of a five floor warehouse to look at the city lights of Nottingham at night and I have watched the sun setting on the Texas horizon.

I have held my son's tiny hand through the plastic window on an isolette in the NICU ward. Walked, speaking only in whispers, through the catacombs beneath the ground on the outskirts of Rome and seen the fireworks over Heidelberg castle.

Photobucket