We have Moved

Come and visit the new site, Bumbles & Light.

Oh My...

I have a terrible weakness for cute boys playing the piano -



Now that's been dealt with, what am I supposed to write here? I've toyed with the idea of writing a blog for a while now. But what do I have to write about, really? Who am I and what gives me the authority?

I'm a Stay at Home Mom to one gorgeous little man who is a year old at the end of this month. My husband and I live in Heidelberg, Germany. I'm British and he's American. How on earth did that happen? Well sometimes I'm not sure myself.

I wasn't always this way. I was born in the south of England, grew up in rural East Anglia (ok, so pretty much all of East Anglia is rural). I moved to the glorious city of Nottingham (of Robin Hood fame, for you Americans) where I worked hard, played hard and studied English Literature.

Sometime in early 2006 I met a charming young man on a website that we both frequented. We stayed up late to talk to one another most nights, he was deployed to Kosovo at that moment so our time difference was only an hour. Somehow he managed to convince me to let him visit while he was on leave. We stayed in London, visited Paris and then retreated to my home in Nottingham. Then somehow he convinced me to marry him.

Fast forward a few years and here we are. I moved to the States, we got married in Chicago and lived at Fort Hood, TX for a year and a half before moving out here to Germany. With a cute little extra thrown into the mix -

Who was born at the end of September 2007.

Contrary to popular belief, it isn't just ugly, boring people who meet on the internet. We're both pretty hot and definitely awesome to be honest.

So that's it I guess. This blog is going to be a nice little outlet for rants on various subjects, including but in no way limited to - book reviews, film reviews, political rants, general life rants and photography.

And also shoes.

Post a Comment

Please do not use the blogger comment form to leave a comment as no one will be able to see it! Please use the intense debate form above.


I am a 24 year old British stay at home mother to a two year old boy. Married to a U.S. soldier and currently living in Germany.

I have seen the Vatican from the very top of St Peter's Basilica, the mud in the World War I trenches outside Ypres. I have walked through Montmartre side streets bustling with people in the evening, gotten lost in the streets of Greenwich Village NYC, run through cornfields on the Welsh border and sat outside with a cup of tea watching fireflies in the fields of the outer Chicago suburbs.

I have held the hands of others through addiction, fear, suicide, despair and come out the other side. I have left everything behind to begin anew.
I have fought mental illness and walked through snow in the mountains of the lake district, England. I have explored the morgue in the bowels of an abandoned hospital on a summer evening, climbed to the top of scaffolding on the outside of a five floor warehouse to look at the city lights of Nottingham at night and I have watched the sun setting on the Texas horizon.

I have held my son's tiny hand through the plastic window on an isolette in the NICU ward. Walked, speaking only in whispers, through the catacombs beneath the ground on the outskirts of Rome and seen the fireworks over Heidelberg castle.

Photobucket