We have Moved

Come and visit the new site, Bumbles & Light.

Introduction

So yes, this is the new blog!

*cue fanfare and applause .wav file*

After musing it over for a short time I decided to go ahead and make the site and start writing away because there are so many great creative ventures that get shot down when you can't ever get yourself past the 'name' phase of the game.

So clash and contradiction it is.

There's plenty of that in my life, and I’m sure my wife agrees – don’t worry you’ll meet her soon – so for now this will be the name.

The purpose of this blog is to give my wife and I an open forum to rant about things. Things that matter to us and that SHOULD matter to you. After all, if you don’t have opinions about random foreign films and obscure books overshadowed by more acclaimed works then you’re just not considered cool.

Of course if you didn’t know that they were conducting an experiment today that could quite possibly end the world then that is all the more reason for you to read on!

Because here we plan to talk about all that good stuff, books, films, TV shows, video games, politics, military life (oh yeah I’m in the Army btw, shhh), raising a kid, being newlyweds, photography, art, current events and whatever else we can get our pointy yet cynical teeth into.

I hope that you enjoy reading, and for those of you who find this post a few years from now when we’re owning half of the blog-o-sphere and scroll back to see our first blog ever…kudos. Major fucking props to you my inquisitive internet friend.

~ R

Post a Comment

Please do not use the blogger comment form to leave a comment as no one will be able to see it! Please use the intense debate form above.


I am a 24 year old British stay at home mother to a two year old boy. Married to a U.S. soldier and currently living in Germany.

I have seen the Vatican from the very top of St Peter's Basilica, the mud in the World War I trenches outside Ypres. I have walked through Montmartre side streets bustling with people in the evening, gotten lost in the streets of Greenwich Village NYC, run through cornfields on the Welsh border and sat outside with a cup of tea watching fireflies in the fields of the outer Chicago suburbs.

I have held the hands of others through addiction, fear, suicide, despair and come out the other side. I have left everything behind to begin anew.
I have fought mental illness and walked through snow in the mountains of the lake district, England. I have explored the morgue in the bowels of an abandoned hospital on a summer evening, climbed to the top of scaffolding on the outside of a five floor warehouse to look at the city lights of Nottingham at night and I have watched the sun setting on the Texas horizon.

I have held my son's tiny hand through the plastic window on an isolette in the NICU ward. Walked, speaking only in whispers, through the catacombs beneath the ground on the outskirts of Rome and seen the fireworks over Heidelberg castle.

Photobucket