We have Moved

Come and visit the new site, Bumbles & Light.

February 16



This weekend was wonderfully long, with time spent playing in the snow, nights out (and nights in!) with lovely friends and cooking good food. Mikey and I went out for a long walk on Saturday afternoon with a friend and her two dogs, he loved running around them and laughing at their antics in the snow. We got home in time to throw together a lasagna for our husbands and their friends when they arrived home from playing music at another friend's house.

Our Valentines day meal consisted of baked salmon with squid ink pasta, the pasta tossed with grilled tomatoes, spinach, olive oil and pecorino romano. No photos I'm afraid, we were far too busy eating it for any of that nonsense. It was delicious.




I have resolved to buy myself some thicker socks, Mikey wants to play outside in the snow for hours but my feet are frozen after 30 minutes. On Monday afternoon after playing for an hour and a half, getting ourselves thoroughly covered in snow and our hands cold with melted ice from our icicle hunt , we had to come back inside, change our clothes, snuggle under soft blankets and drink tea to warm ourselves up again. After dinner we all cuddled up on the couch to watch a Miyazaki film and Mikey fell asleep.

 
  
 


I finished knitting both a cushion and a cowl this weekend. The cushion still needs some work, it looks too plain and I have yet to decide what it really needs, but it is perfect as a throw cushion for our bed. The cowl is just perfect and deliciously warm, I am absolutely in love with this chunky pure merino yarn. I have it in several colours and am tempted to go back for more.


 
  
  
 


I have photos of Mikey's finished end table. It was an awful, uneven red stain before... but now it looks lovely. He also has some new picture frames for his artwork that I'm in the process of putting on the wall.

 
 

And now, thanks to all of this business, my house is a huge mess! So it looks like today is cleaning and laundry day, although the sun is shining beautifully so we might escape outside for a while too.

I hope you all had a lovely Valentine's and Fasching weekend. It's Pancake day/Shrove Tuesday today and I'm going to be making British Pancakes/Sweet Crepes for lunch. Yum.


Post a Comment

Please do not use the blogger comment form to leave a comment as no one will be able to see it! Please use the intense debate form above.


I am a 24 year old British stay at home mother to a two year old boy. Married to a U.S. soldier and currently living in Germany.

I have seen the Vatican from the very top of St Peter's Basilica, the mud in the World War I trenches outside Ypres. I have walked through Montmartre side streets bustling with people in the evening, gotten lost in the streets of Greenwich Village NYC, run through cornfields on the Welsh border and sat outside with a cup of tea watching fireflies in the fields of the outer Chicago suburbs.

I have held the hands of others through addiction, fear, suicide, despair and come out the other side. I have left everything behind to begin anew.
I have fought mental illness and walked through snow in the mountains of the lake district, England. I have explored the morgue in the bowels of an abandoned hospital on a summer evening, climbed to the top of scaffolding on the outside of a five floor warehouse to look at the city lights of Nottingham at night and I have watched the sun setting on the Texas horizon.

I have held my son's tiny hand through the plastic window on an isolette in the NICU ward. Walked, speaking only in whispers, through the catacombs beneath the ground on the outskirts of Rome and seen the fireworks over Heidelberg castle.

Photobucket