We have Moved

Come and visit the new site, Bumbles & Light.

30 January

 
  
  
 


Mikey and I have spent a lot of time playing indoors, cuddling up in soft blankets with stuffed animals, reading books, napping, knitting and playing with toys. We're hiding out you see, from the cold snow outside. We're really enjoying this cozy time, although I have to say that I will be excited when we see the first greenery of Spring.

This morning, however, we were forced to leave our nest in order to catch a little mud-coated bus into town. I needed to buy some food and yarn. Hibernating is not much good when you have very little food in the house, plus you start feeling the need to get outside for some fresh air, no matter how cold it may be.

We chased some pigeons, ate some bread, got caught in a little snow and returned home with our prizes. Mikey loves the little bakery nearby, when he knows that we're on that street he will start saying "bread! bread!" until we get to the door when he will say "Oooooh, bread! Mmm Mmm Mmm!" He likes to eat the little sunflower seed covered wholewheat Brötchen. That is his treat for being a good boy while shopping.

 
  
 


My dear husband is away this weekend, he is just over the border into France for four days, sadly for work and not leisure. He should look forward to coming back to a lovely cozy and clean home.


"The most singular difference between happiness and joy is that happiness is a solid and joy a liquid."
RIP J.D. Salinger
(Quote from Nine Stories)

Post a Comment

Please do not use the blogger comment form to leave a comment as no one will be able to see it! Please use the intense debate form above.


I am a 24 year old British stay at home mother to a two year old boy. Married to a U.S. soldier and currently living in Germany.

I have seen the Vatican from the very top of St Peter's Basilica, the mud in the World War I trenches outside Ypres. I have walked through Montmartre side streets bustling with people in the evening, gotten lost in the streets of Greenwich Village NYC, run through cornfields on the Welsh border and sat outside with a cup of tea watching fireflies in the fields of the outer Chicago suburbs.

I have held the hands of others through addiction, fear, suicide, despair and come out the other side. I have left everything behind to begin anew.
I have fought mental illness and walked through snow in the mountains of the lake district, England. I have explored the morgue in the bowels of an abandoned hospital on a summer evening, climbed to the top of scaffolding on the outside of a five floor warehouse to look at the city lights of Nottingham at night and I have watched the sun setting on the Texas horizon.

I have held my son's tiny hand through the plastic window on an isolette in the NICU ward. Walked, speaking only in whispers, through the catacombs beneath the ground on the outskirts of Rome and seen the fireworks over Heidelberg castle.

Photobucket