We have Moved

Come and visit the new site, Bumbles & Light.

Christmas Shopping Days



This morning I woke up early, it was still dark. I opened up the windows in the livingroom to let in some cool air and spent an hour stretching and doing yoga. It was divine.

The rest of the day the weather has been good, crisp and cold but the sun has been shining. This afternoon Mikey and I did a little of our Christmas shopping. I got some gifts and also some yarn to make some more Christmas decorations. I'm going to attempt to crochet, it's going to be interesting. That is of course after I finish making my wreath and the decorations for Mikey's room. After the crochet I'm going to have a go at sewing some little stuffed Christmas shapes. We have still yet to get a tree, I keep hinting at my darling but hints don't seem to work so well. So much to get done, but I'm taking it slow.

On the way to town I got whistled at and yelled at in Italian by two men. Seriously, I'm pushing a toddler in a stroller and you're going to whistle at me?

We wandered around a little of the Weinachtmarkt, but decided to save the rest for next Saturday so that husband creature can come with us. The decorations in Heidelberg are always so pretty, there were a lot of street performers too, Mikey loved them and it reminded me a lot of Covent Garden in London.

We stopped for something to eat and something warm to drink, then went to look at clothes (Mummy has to look at clothes. Half of mine are ready to fall apart while I'm wearing them). In the underwear department Mikey was accosted by a 4 year old German girl. They stood talking to one another for about 10 minutes, the girl in German and Mikey in toddler-ese. They both thought the other was pretty hilarious. While looking at clothes we met another British lady (from Liverpool judging by the accent) with another toddler. The toddlers chatted with one another while the mummys chatted. Before we knew it it was already dark out so we walked home. A drunk Irishman nearly tripped over Mikey's stroller and said good morning to us.

After Spaghetti Marinara for dinner and some playing with the Mikey monster, we put him down for bed and I'm now sat here with the husband. We are both enjoying a lovely mug of hot chocolate and relaxing. This is what it's about.





Post a Comment

Please do not use the blogger comment form to leave a comment as no one will be able to see it! Please use the intense debate form above.


I am a 24 year old British stay at home mother to a two year old boy. Married to a U.S. soldier and currently living in Germany.

I have seen the Vatican from the very top of St Peter's Basilica, the mud in the World War I trenches outside Ypres. I have walked through Montmartre side streets bustling with people in the evening, gotten lost in the streets of Greenwich Village NYC, run through cornfields on the Welsh border and sat outside with a cup of tea watching fireflies in the fields of the outer Chicago suburbs.

I have held the hands of others through addiction, fear, suicide, despair and come out the other side. I have left everything behind to begin anew.
I have fought mental illness and walked through snow in the mountains of the lake district, England. I have explored the morgue in the bowels of an abandoned hospital on a summer evening, climbed to the top of scaffolding on the outside of a five floor warehouse to look at the city lights of Nottingham at night and I have watched the sun setting on the Texas horizon.

I have held my son's tiny hand through the plastic window on an isolette in the NICU ward. Walked, speaking only in whispers, through the catacombs beneath the ground on the outskirts of Rome and seen the fireworks over Heidelberg castle.

Photobucket