We have Moved

Come and visit the new site, Bumbles & Light.

Random Tuesday Thoughts 2

randomtuesday


I made myself a new layout, what do you think?

I did it again. I got up at 6am and walked to the doctor for my 8am appointment, only to find that my husband had lied and that my appointment was actually at 11am. Ok so he didn't actually lie, he just thought it really was at 8am. I bought some croissants from a little bakery on the way home. Oh delish. It was a nice walk anyway, plus the croissants were good. So I guess I'll forgive him. Maybe.




Oh and drivers, please use your blinkers on roundabouts. It's not that difficult, pretend like it's a crossroads and indicate the way you are going to go. That way you wont run me down when I cross the road to the right of you, thinking that you're going straight ahead. Thanks. Unless you were intending to run me down, in which case - hahaha you missed!

Kid's shows that I used to watch when I was little, like Fireman Sam and Thomas the Tank Engine, now have token female characters. A female firefighter and a female train. What's up with that? I managed just fine as a little girl without them. And Noddy? Why is it in CGI? I've nothing against CGI (love Pixar films and Pocoyo) but this looks awful, seriously. Mikey loves the commercials for baby dolls that are on when we watch cartoons for an hour in the morning. He says "Ooooh, baby!" and then says "Buh Bye!" when the commercial ends. I'm not sure whether he's hinting that he wants a baby doll or an actual baby sister.

I made my very own homemade pizza on Sunday, for the first time ever. I don't know what possessed me. We didn't have a rolling pin for the dough, as I was trying to press it flat by hand I was cursing and yelling to the husband "I can't do it, it wont go flat! It keeps bouncing back like it's alive! Do you mind mutant pizza? Oh my God I'm so crap at cooking!" He came to my rescue, narrowly averted a pizza related nervous breakdown and decided to pretend that he was a real life Italian pizza maker by spinning the dough in the air. He succeeded in making holes in the dough and not a whole lot else. In the end he decided to use a glass to roll it out. Except it wasn't round like pizza ought to be, it was in fact a flat(-ish) mess. So we used a pizza cutter on the edges and announced that we'd always intended to make a square pizza. It was, however, absolutely delicious when we ate it, no matter how funky it looked. Could have done with more mozzarella, I couldn't resist eating some of it before I put it on, I love fresh mozzarella.


I haven't posted any photos of the little boy in a while, so I'll leave you with these blurry numbers.


Post a Comment

Please do not use the blogger comment form to leave a comment as no one will be able to see it! Please use the intense debate form above.


I am a 24 year old British stay at home mother to a two year old boy. Married to a U.S. soldier and currently living in Germany.

I have seen the Vatican from the very top of St Peter's Basilica, the mud in the World War I trenches outside Ypres. I have walked through Montmartre side streets bustling with people in the evening, gotten lost in the streets of Greenwich Village NYC, run through cornfields on the Welsh border and sat outside with a cup of tea watching fireflies in the fields of the outer Chicago suburbs.

I have held the hands of others through addiction, fear, suicide, despair and come out the other side. I have left everything behind to begin anew.
I have fought mental illness and walked through snow in the mountains of the lake district, England. I have explored the morgue in the bowels of an abandoned hospital on a summer evening, climbed to the top of scaffolding on the outside of a five floor warehouse to look at the city lights of Nottingham at night and I have watched the sun setting on the Texas horizon.

I have held my son's tiny hand through the plastic window on an isolette in the NICU ward. Walked, speaking only in whispers, through the catacombs beneath the ground on the outskirts of Rome and seen the fireworks over Heidelberg castle.

Photobucket