We have Moved

Come and visit the new site, Bumbles & Light.

Chasing Leaves


I'm fairly convinced that a toddler chasing leaves across the playground is one of the most joyous things to watch. I'm guessing that a few of the trees here are shedding their leaves early and the strong wind today has brought them to the playground. Mikey pointed at them and said "Oooooo" before chasing off after them. That was before he realized that they crunch when you stand on them, after that he was chasing them and stamping on them. He also collected a few and brought them to me.

He was having so much fun that I don't think he even realized that none of his friends were outside. I find it odd that on a playground surrounded by 36 3-bedroom apartments we are often the only ones out there... occasionally joined by the children from the only two other families who ever seem to use the playground regularly. The only time there are other children outside is when their parents are using the grills. I think I'd go crazy if I didn't take Mikey out to burn off his energy, since he started walking he pretty much went straight to running everywhere. When it's raining outside and we can't go out we have to chase one another around the house so that he doesn't go stir crazy, little boy loves being outside.

The husband is out tonight playing cards, so I have the house to myself for a change. Pretty sweet deal I think!

In therapy today I was told that I was doing wonderfully with handling my compulsive skin picking, score! My skin is slowly starting to heal up, I'll be left with some significant scars but they will start to fade eventually.

We also talked about doing some OCD exposure therapy once my anxiety is lower in a couple of months. The mere thought of it terrifies me. This is also one of the things that they do to people with bad phobias, exposing them to what they are afraid of so that they eventually become desensitized. Sounds horrible right? But I guess it is supposed to be horrible, that's the point.

I'm working on some new recipes, I know I haven't posted any in a while.  Apparently the husband thinks I need to up my game.

Oh and a quick PSA: My comments have been acting all crazy and the lovely people at JS-Kit have been helping me out with it. A lot of comments previous are showing up saying that I made them instead of you (whoever you are!) and they're working on it. Also we discovered while sorting this out that you will need to enable 3rd party cookies in your browser to be able to log in and use the avatars etc. Thanks!

Post a Comment

Please do not use the blogger comment form to leave a comment as no one will be able to see it! Please use the intense debate form above.


I am a 24 year old British stay at home mother to a two year old boy. Married to a U.S. soldier and currently living in Germany.

I have seen the Vatican from the very top of St Peter's Basilica, the mud in the World War I trenches outside Ypres. I have walked through Montmartre side streets bustling with people in the evening, gotten lost in the streets of Greenwich Village NYC, run through cornfields on the Welsh border and sat outside with a cup of tea watching fireflies in the fields of the outer Chicago suburbs.

I have held the hands of others through addiction, fear, suicide, despair and come out the other side. I have left everything behind to begin anew.
I have fought mental illness and walked through snow in the mountains of the lake district, England. I have explored the morgue in the bowels of an abandoned hospital on a summer evening, climbed to the top of scaffolding on the outside of a five floor warehouse to look at the city lights of Nottingham at night and I have watched the sun setting on the Texas horizon.

I have held my son's tiny hand through the plastic window on an isolette in the NICU ward. Walked, speaking only in whispers, through the catacombs beneath the ground on the outskirts of Rome and seen the fireworks over Heidelberg castle.

Photobucket