We have Moved

Come and visit the new site, Bumbles & Light.

Nothing quite like it....

There's nothing quite like the first few hours of playing a brand new video game.

The first hour in paticular.

These days video games are designed with the idea of the player having an 'experience' more so than just playing a game. The first hour of a video game is like the first 5 minutes of a block buster movie. It sets the stage for all of the greatness that is to come, it gets you excited about what could be ahead.

And nothing is quite as relaxing and completely enjoyable as being exposed to a whole new setting and experience...from the comfort of my chair in the living room.

I always get excited. And i always get sad that Bex and Mikey don't get as excited as I am because i want to share the excitement. I want them to feel the glee that I'm feeling! But bex is too busy hunting down posts on random message boards, and mikey is too busy trying to chew on something to care or notice.

This has in part been brought on by my anticipation for Fable II arriving in the mail. The more I order games through the mail here the more and more i painfully bemoan the US Army postal system. What i could get same day in the states takes a week to get here, and on top of that Amazon always tells me that my stuff is going to arrive long before it actually does forcing me to spend 1 to 6 days in complete agony while I wait for my parcel to wade through the mud of the Army Postal System.

It's just ONE XBOX 360 DvD...what could be so hard about getting it into my eager hands?

I'm hoping that Fable II is all that I've hyped it up to be. Yes, that I've hyped it up to be. I've played the first game on my Computer and have enjoyed it despite it being pretty old and kind of annoying to play with a mouse and keyboard. I've been helplessly shuffling through all of my 360 games trying to find an old already played through title that can hold my interest again, but as soon as i drop an hour into one i'm thinking about another and it's all ever so terrible.

I've been wanting to play warhammer online again but am still searching for a good guild to join. We tried playing WoW again and that was fun for a little while but I can't bear to play if my wife can't , and Bex can't play unless we drop a few grand on a new computer because the laptop she was meant to play on is so old now it only works as an .avi - S-Cable - TV proxy for watching anime on.

Terrible i tell you.

So here I am, restless and everything. Damn it all.

Maybe they will have dug it out of the new mail between when I checked it at 2:30 and when it closes at 5...hrm...

Here's hoping.

Post a Comment

Please do not use the blogger comment form to leave a comment as no one will be able to see it! Please use the intense debate form above.


I am a 24 year old British stay at home mother to a two year old boy. Married to a U.S. soldier and currently living in Germany.

I have seen the Vatican from the very top of St Peter's Basilica, the mud in the World War I trenches outside Ypres. I have walked through Montmartre side streets bustling with people in the evening, gotten lost in the streets of Greenwich Village NYC, run through cornfields on the Welsh border and sat outside with a cup of tea watching fireflies in the fields of the outer Chicago suburbs.

I have held the hands of others through addiction, fear, suicide, despair and come out the other side. I have left everything behind to begin anew.
I have fought mental illness and walked through snow in the mountains of the lake district, England. I have explored the morgue in the bowels of an abandoned hospital on a summer evening, climbed to the top of scaffolding on the outside of a five floor warehouse to look at the city lights of Nottingham at night and I have watched the sun setting on the Texas horizon.

I have held my son's tiny hand through the plastic window on an isolette in the NICU ward. Walked, speaking only in whispers, through the catacombs beneath the ground on the outskirts of Rome and seen the fireworks over Heidelberg castle.

Photobucket